Being a Pediatric Dentist is one of the greatest joys in my life. I am humbled by parents who have entrusted me with the dental care for their children, and the smiles and laughter of the children is so heartwarming. Getting to know my patients and seeing them grow amazes me, especially now when “my kids” are now parents and I am privileged to treat their children. It’s a joy to see “my kids” when I am out hiking, biking, or volunteering in our schools and local food banks. As a father of two children and with numerous nieces and nephews, it has further impressed upon me to “treat every child as if they were my child.”
Dr. Bob Traficante is a Board-Certified Pediatric Dentist. He grew up all over the world as a military brat as both his parents were career Army, but his family eventually settled in San Antonio, Texas. He developed a love for working with children as a Special Education Teacher and Football Coach in San Antonio. He graduated from dental school in 1984 receiving the Women of Rotary Scholarship in Pediatric Dentistry and residency in Pediatric Dentistry in 1986 receiving the Peabody Award for being selected as the Outstanding Resident in 1986.
Dr. Bob served as a Dental Officer in the United States Navy Dental Corps from July 1980 to September 1, 2007 and retired at the rank of CAPTAIN. During this time he served in numerous clinical and administrative positions around the world including operational support in the Balkans, Kuwait, Afghanistan and Iraq and was an Affiliate Clinical Professor in the Department of Pediatric Dentistry, University of Florida, College of Dentistry and National Naval Dental School in Bethesda, Maryland. During his naval career, he specialized in providing dental care for children with cancer and congenital heart defects, teaching Conscious Sedation, Medical Emergency Preparation, and Advance Cardiac Life Support for Children and Adults to all members of the medical/dental community.
Upon retiring from the Navy, Dr. Bob became the Residency Director in Pediatric Dentistry at Loma Linda School of Dentistry from August 2007 to June 2009. He had his own private practice in Oak Harbor, Washington from June 1, 2009 to 30 June 2017 and then practiced as staff Pediatric Dentist at Columbia Basin Health Association in Othello, Washington from August 2017 to August 2019, when he became a member of the Stellar Kids Dentistry Team.
Today, Dr. Bob lives in Snohomish, Washington and enjoys providing all aspects of Pediatric Dental Care for his patients to help them grow up to have a cavity free smile.
- Dental School: University of Texas Dental School at Houston
- Pediatric Dentistry Residency: University of Texas Dental School at Houston and Affiliated Hospitals
- Diplomate and Fellow of the American Board of Pediatric Dentistry
- Oral Board Examiner, American Board of Pediatric Dentistry
- Affiliate Associate Clinical Professor, Department of Pediatric Dentistry, University of Washington and University of Florida, Colleges of Dentistry
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support and Pediatric Life Support Instructor, Life Support Department, School of Allied Health Sciences, Loma Linda Adventist Health Science Center
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support, Pediatric Life Basic Life Support Instructor, American Safety and Health Institute
You can find me at the
What I look like with PPE
4420 106th St. SW
Mukilteo, WA 98275
T: (425) 290-5500
111 SE Everett Mall Way, Ste. D
Everett, WA 98208
T: (425) 212-1810
13209 44th Ave SE, Ste. 101
Mill Creek, WA 98012
T: (425) 381-4990